Connection Day-aka ‘fall picnic’
Set for Friday, October 6, 2023 – 9:30am – 2:00pm
For Info/Question contact Linda Thurman
Our Multi-Industry Connection Day (formerly the Fall Picnic) is an annual tradition perfect for our 3800+ students and countless alumni to establish relationships, network, and discuss career options with engineering and technical professionals from a variety of technical industries.
Participating & Registered Employers & Companies, please see below for day of details.
STUDENTS & ALUMNI: Stop by and show the Engineering & Tech Employers why they should hire a 49er! Check out below who is attending and consider bringing copies of your resume if you are seeking an opportunity.
(No Registration Required and open to all STEM majors/students, faculty, staff & visiting alumni)
Thanks to those students who signed up to Volunteer, Ms. Thurman will be in touch soon!
Location: West Quad Fields, (sandwich between the Belk Gym, Arena & Cone Center Building and Parking Decks)
2023 Employer Parking & Item Drop Off
Parking: Parking Maps | Parking and Transportation Services | UNC Charlotte (if you need a map or info. on disability parking)
- For those who are parking in the Cone Deck, we ask that you park and unload after you park. We will have volunteers up there to help you.
- If you are parking in Union Deck, please drop off your items at the field then go park.
- Cone Deck (rooftop) and Union Deck (levels 4-6) are your best option. Visitor levels please, they are clearly marked so no worries there.
- South Village Deck (level 1) and East Deck 1 and CRI Deck….offer visitor parking as well, they are a bit of a walk. You can also take our free bus if you want from some of these ‘farther away’ decks.
The CLT Light Rail also has a terminal stop on our campus, a bit of a walk but we also have a FREE Niner Transit bus service as well that you can pick up at the light rail station and it will get you to the West Quad fields/Cone Center building. To learn more visit: Niner Transit Bus Service | Parking and Transportation Services | UNC Charlotte
See Below for More Event Info.:
For 2023, we need to reduce the number of employer spaces to 1) allow for better flow & set up and 2) for potential indoor (rain site) availability. We also aim to have a balanced variety of industries represented.
Questions or Concerns?
Ms. Linda A. Thurman
Director of Student Professional Development and Employer Relations,
Student Professional Development Advisor and Co-op Coordinator
William States Lee College of Engineering
Office: Smith Building, 228F
- Aderis Energy, LLC (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Affinity Energy (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Akoustis, Inc.
- Altec Industries
- American Airlines
- Analog Devices
- Atom Power
- AVCON Inc.
- BMW Mfg.
- Booth & Associates
- Burns & McDonnell (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Carolina Handling
- Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (special guests)
- Charlotte Dept. of Transportation (CDOT)
- Charlotte Water
- Char-Meck Storm Water Services
- Curtis Power Solutions
- CVG Group
- Deloitte Consulting
- Delta Airport Consultants
- Delta [v] Forensic Engineering
- DiGioa Gray
- DNP Imagingcomm America Corp.
- Duke Energy (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- ECE Power (Electrical Consulting Engineers)
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Exele Pharma Science, LLC
- Giles Flythe Engineers
- Graduate Programs: W.S. Lee College of Engineering (special guests)
- Huber Technologies
- IDE Structural Engineers
- LandDesign, Inc.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Lockheed Martin
- McCombs Steel
- McKenney’s Inc.
- McKim & Creed
- Merrick & Company
- Moffatt & Nichol
- Multi-Dimensional integration
- NC Dept. of Transportation
- NC Electric Cooperatives
- NCEES: National Council for Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (special guests)
- Nederman Shared Services, LLC
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- Northrup Grumman-Synoptics
- Novo Nordisk
- Onward Energy, LLC (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- P&G (Proctor & Gamble)
- Pike Engineering (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Power Engineers (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Power Relaying Solutions, PLLC
- Santee Cooper
- Schnabel Engineering
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)
- Sealed Air
- Siemens Energy (LCOE-EPIC Affiliate)
- Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
- Southern Industrial Constructors
- Talbert, Bright & Ellington
- Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Timmons Group
- TLV Corporation
- TÜV SÜD Global Risk Consultants
- University of Tennessee: Space Institute (special guests)
- US Conec LTD
- Vanderweil Engineers
- Wiley Wilson
- Yokohama Tire
- MAPS will be selling CoENGR shirts at event